Kristina Shelburne is a dance educator, fitness instructor, aerialist and choreographer. She started taking dance classes when she was 3, and has continued her dance and fitness training ever since. In 2014, she joined Twisted Bodies, where she continued her pilates training and began her aerial journey.
Kristina is currently the Dance Director at Braswell High School where she teaches over 200 students and directs the award winning Royals Drill Team. She has received several awards over the past 4 years including outstanding choreography, Director of excellence from Danceline, and a 2020 nominee for Teacher of the Year. Dance is a huge part of Kristina’s life being well versed in Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Hip-Hop, Modern, Precision and Musical Theater. She choreographs for dance teams, musicals, aerialists, and individual dancers using her pilates and yoga training to create new ideas and take her dancers to a new level. She believes that fitness and dance should be something that is fun and enjoyable, training not only your body but your mind.
- Born and raised in Midland, Texas
- Has been a high school teacher and drill team director for 8 years
- Favorite apparatus is Silks
- Has two dogs: Rey (Golden Pyrenees) & Tinkerbelle (Chihuahua)
- Favorite dance style is Tap!
- Pet Peeve: Saying “I can’t” & not using a blinker while driving